Family Physicians Needed... work & live where you play!
Are you a family or emergency room physician interested in practicing in ‘cottage country’?
Are you a medical student or resident?
Are you interested in establishing your family physician practice in a turnkey facility?
Are you interested in working in a rural hospital with a busy Emergency and 6-bed Medical Unit?
Did you answer “yes” to any of these questions?
Bancroft and the surrounding North Hastings region may be just the right place for you!
North Hastings, situated in the rolling Hastings Highlands south of Algonquin Park is dotted with 615 crystal clear lakes and cleft by the sparkling waters of the Crowe, York and Madawaska Rivers. Compelling reasons to consider North Hastings:
- A splendid four season recreational playground in the North Hastings tourism region.
- A wide variety of activities for outdoor enthusiasts including: nature walks, cycling, hiking, canoeing, rafting, swimming at our beautiful beaches, ATV-ing or snowmobiling on our fabulous trail systems, world class luging, taking part in the educational mineral tours, fishing any of our well stocked lakes, sighting numerous types of wildlife in the area, including a growing herd of elk, or spending the summer in a waterfront cottage.
- An excellent opportunity to work in a rural hospital and one of two established family health teams, the Bancroft Family Health Team or the North Hastings Family Health Team. Both are located in close proximity to Quinte Health Care (QHC) North Hastings.
Our Commitment to You
Our commitment to personal attention will make you feel truly welcome in North Hastings:
- The North Hastings Family Health Team has established turnkey offices so that you can focus on providing quality health care, not running a business.
- The Bancroft Family Health Team has Family Practice openings and offers a comprehensive multidisciplinary service. QHC North Hastings Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Bancroft in a Health Care Campus that includes a 110 bed Long Term Care Facility, a Satellite Dialysis Clinic, Public Health office, CCAC on site, as well as other Community Care North Hastings in the building.
- The QHC North Hastings Hospital offers flexible scheduling for Emergency Shifts, the ability for Physicians to manage their own inpatients, the opportunity to educate/mentor Medical Students from Queens University or the University of Ottawa, educational opportunities offered on site (ACLS, PALS, etc) as well as a highly trained and skilled group of nurses and support staff.
North Hastings is now part of the Rural Family Medicine Locum Program which entitles locums to travel reimbursement, daily stipends, and physician premiums. For information: healthforceontario.ca/Jobs/OntarioPhysicianLocumPrograms/RuralFamilyMedicineLocumProgram.aspx
- Qualified medical graduates may be eligible for a financial support package of $150,000 with agreement for a five-year commitment to practice
- New family doctors may receive $25,000/year for five years (total of $150,000) in return for operating a family medical practice in North Hastings
- Additional incentives through the Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention Initiatives, which provide up to $101,000 paid over 4 years
Physicians that join the North Hastings Family Health Team are eligible for additional incentives Remuneration
The physicians in the North Hastings Emergency Department are paid through an AFA (Alternate Funding Arrangement). The rates of pay are as follows:
- Regular shifts: $135 per hour
- Weekends and statutory holidays: $150 per hour
- Shadow billings: 25%
- Shadow billings during summer months: 50%
For further information about relocating or starting a family practice in North Hastings:
Bree Ricketts-Gaber, Physician Recruiter, Quinte Health Care
Tel: (613) 332-2825 x 2600
Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention Initiatives: www.health.gov.on.ca/english/providers/program/uap/uap_hfo_nrrr.html
Rural Family Medicine Locum Program: healthforceontario.ca/Jobs/OntarioPhysicianLocumPrograms/RuralFamilyMedicineLocumProgram.aspx